Here you will find the Civil Judge past paper 2020 of the subject English. This English paper is the fifth paper in Civil Judge Cum Judicial Magistrate’s competitive examination 2020. Find below the past paper of Civil Judge English for the year 2020.
CIVIL JUDGES CUM JUDICIAL MAGISTRATES
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION, 2020
PAPER – V ENGLISH
TIME ALLOWED: 03 HOURS TOTAL MARKS: 100
Q1. Discuss the three possibilities for the world narrated by Bertrand Russel in his essay “The Future of Mankind”. OR
According to Bacon “Studies serve for delight, for ornament and for ability”. Discuss.
Q2. Write an Essay on ONE of the following topics:
- Islam a Code of Life
- Gender equality is a myth
- Truth is lived not taught
- Expanding Information Technology, a Curse or blessing
Q3. Write a letter to your pen friend living abroad explaining to him the legal/judicial system of Pakistan (please make sure that Name, Roll No. etc is not given in the letter).
Q4. Read the following passage and answer the question given at the end:
Of all the characteristics of ordinary human nature and war is the most unfortunate; not only does envious person wish to inflict misfortune and do so whenever he can with impunity but he’s also himself rendered unhappy by envy. But he has he derives pain from what others have if he can you deprive other of the advantages which to him is as desirable as it would be to secure the same advantages himself if this person is allowed to run not it becomes fatal to all accidents and even the most useful exercise of exceptional skill a medical man goes to see his patient in a car when the laborer has to walk to work?
Why should the scientific investigator be allowed to spend his time in a warm room where others have to face the inclemency of the elements? Why should a man who possesses some rare talent of great importance from the drudgery of his own housework?
To such questions, envy finds no answers fortunately however there is in human nature a compassionate patient namely that of admiration. Who services to increase human happiness must wish to increase admiration and to diminish envy.
What cure is there for envy? For the saint there is the cure of selflessness even in the case of saints and void of other Saint is by no means impossible but living sand out of account the only cure of envy is the case of ornery men and women is happiness and the difficulty is that envy himself terrible obstacle to happiness.
But the envious man may say What is good for telling me that the cure for envy is happiness. I cannot find happiness while I continue to feel envy, and you tell me that I cannot cease to be envious until I find happiness. But real life is never so logical as this Merely to realize the cause of one’s own envious feeling is to take a long step towards curing them.
Q5. Rewrite the following dialogues in the continuous narrative in reported speed (indirect) throughout:
Really, what has got into you all today? said Professor McGonagall, turning back to herself with a faint pop, and staring around at them all. Not that it matters, but that’s the first time my transformation’s not got applause from a class. Everybody’s heads turned towards Harry again, but nobody spoke. Hermoine raised her hand ‘please, Professor, we’ve just had our first Divination class, and we were reading the tea leaves, and-”Ah, of course’, said Professor McGonagall, suddenly frowning ‘There is no need to say anymore, Miss Granger. Tell me, which of you will be dying this year’?
Q6. Insert commas, semi-colons, colons, and any other marks of punctuation, where necessary for any five of the following sentences:
- nor should the hindus fear that the creation of autonomous muslim states will mean the introduction of a kind of a religious rule in such state I have already indicated to you the meaning the word religion as applied to islam.
- man is neither impotent nor omnipotent he has powers and his powers are surprisingly great but they are not so great as he might wish.
- where they all come from these people I cannot imagine but there they are and more and more of them I find the very trains up to town uncomfortable crowded these days.
- twenty four year ago he writes I left an England sedate complacent and very well to do I lave returned to find that she is poor harassed and continually taking herself to the task.
- well i must say the farmer took the whole thing like a gentleman gentleman farmer I suppose you’d call him and he said well look we had better go in and have a during and wait until the missis turns up
- the object of writing is to say something we want to say in other words to convey meaning this which should be an easy task is considered by most people to be fraught with difficulty
- there is no reason why we should not hope to see free ample and lovely exercise in the open air brought within the reach of every human being there can be no limit to the beneficial extension of athletics
Q7. Construct sentences to distinguish between the meaning of any FIVE of the following pairs:
- Ingenious, Ingenuous
- Placable, Placeable
- Virtuous, Virtual
- Corporal, Corporeal
- Altar, Alter
- Bear, Bare
- Confident, Confidant
- Pour, Pore
- Appraise, apprise
Q8. Write sentences illustrating the use of FIVE of the following idiomatic phrases:
- A bluestocking
- Apple pie order
- A freshwater sailor
- Alpha and Omega
- Be cast down
- Call names
- Hold brief
- Through thick and thin
Civil Judge Past Papers 2020
Other Useful Topics for Civil Judge
- Civil Judge Exam
- Civil Judge Past Paper of URDU
- Civil Judge Past Paper of General Laws
- Civil Judge Past Paper of Criminal Law
- Civil Judge Past Paper of Civil Law-II
- Civil Judge Past Paper of English
- Civil Judge Examinations: Qualification and New Revised Syllabus
ASJ Past Papers 2020
- Constitution and High Court Rules and Orders
- Civil Law-II
- Civil Law-I
- Criminal Law-II
- Criminal Law-I
For LL.B Past Papers