Here we have given precis writing practice for you. These are easy and short passages for Precis practice online. Here is test 04 of precis writing.
Precis Writing Practice: Test 04
Write the precis of the following passage:
Teaching is the noblest of professions. A teacher has a sacred duty to perform. It is he on whom rests the responsibility of molding the character of young children. Apart from developing their intellect, he can inculcate in them qualities of good citizenship, remaining neat and clean, talking decently, and sitting properly. These virtues are not easy to be imbibed.
Only he who himself leads a life of simplicity, purity, and rigid discipline can successfully cultivate these habits in his pupils. Besides, a teacher always remains young. He may grow old in age, but not in spirit. Perpetual contact with budding youths keeps him happy and cheerful. There are moments when domestic worries weigh heavily on his mind, but the delightful company of innocent children makes him overcome his transient moods of despair. (130 words)
Main Points of the Passage
- Teaching is a noble profession. A teacher molds the character of youth makes them good citizens and teaches them good manners.
- It is not an easy task as a teacher has to be a role model. He must possess virtues like simplicity, piety, and discipline.
- A teacher always remains young because of the lively company of young people which keeps him happy and cheerful. There are moments when domestic worries weigh heavily on his mind, but the delightful company of innocent children makes him overcome his transient moods of despair.
Solution of the Passage
Teaching is a noble profession. A teacher undertakes the duty of character building of youth. For this, he has to be a role model in terms of simplicity, piety, and discipline. The lively company of young people keeps a teacher young and elevates his mood when he is depressed due to domestic worries. (53 words)
- Importance of being a teacher
- Teaching: A wonderful profession
- Exalted office of a teacher
- English (Precis & Writing) Notes & Study Material
- 10 Golden Rules of Precis Writing
- Tips and Tricks for Writing a Good Scoring Precis