Here we have given precis writing practice for you. These are easy and short passages for Precis practice online.
Precis Writing Practice: Test 01
Write the precis of the following passage:
Trees give shade for the benefit of others, and while they themselves stand in the sun and endure the scorching heat, they produce the fruit from which others profit. The character of good men is like that of trees. What is the use of this perishable body if
no use is made of it for the benefit of mankind. Sandalwood, the more it is rubbed, the more scent its yield. Sugarcane, the more it is peeled and cut up into pieces, the more juice it produces,
The men who are noble at heart do not lose their qualities even in losing their lives. What matters whether men praise them or not? What difference does it make whether they die at this moment or whether their lives are prolonged? Happen what may, those who tread on the right path will not set foot in any other.
Life itself is unprofitable to a man who does not live for others. To live for the mere sake of living one’s life is to live the life of dogs and crows. Those who lay down their lives for the sake of others will assuredly dwell forever in a world of bliss. (200 words)
Main Points of the Passage
- Good people are like trees that endure hardships and protect others from the heat and harshness of weather.
- The human body is useless if it is of no use to humanity. Noble people are always ready to sacrifice their lives for others.
- Life is unprofitable to a man who does not live for others. Those who live only for themselves are just like dogs and crows.
- Those who sacrifice their lives for others become immortal.
Solution of the Passage
Good people., like trees, endure hardships, and serve others. They follow the right path and rise above personal interests. They help others without expecting any reward. People who live only for themselves live worthless life; there is no difference between self-serving people and beasts. On the other hand, those who sacrifice their lives for others become immortal. (58 words)
- A good life
- Life in service of humanity
- Selfishness and Altruism
Relevant to this post:
- English (Precis & Writing) Notes & Study Material
- 10 Golden Rules of Precis Writing
- Tips and Tricks for Writing a Good Scoring Precis