The Lahore High Court has announced the vacant jobs for the post of Civil Judge in 2023. Lahore High Court has advertised the jobs for Civil Judges-cum Judicial Magistrates (BS-17). Online applications are invited from eligible candidates domiciled in Punjab, possessing the following qualifications as prescribed in the Punjab Judicial Service Rules, 1994 to appear in the Competitive Examination for the recruitment against vacant posts of the Civil Judges-cum-Magistrates (BS-17) on a temporary basis likely to be permanent. Here is the detail of Civil Judge Jobs 2023.
Last Date to Apply
The last date to apply for Civil Judge jobs 2023 is 31st October 2023.
Candidates securing 40% marks in each paper and 50% marks in aggregate shall be considered to have passed the written examination.
Viva-Voce / Interview
Candidates passing the written examination and after having appeared in the mandatory Psychological and Aptitude Test shall be called for viva-voce/interview. Total marks allocated to viva-voce/interview are 300. Those who obtain 50 percent marks (150 out of 300 marks) in viva-voce/interview shall be considered for appointment.
1. A candidate shall not be eligible to appear in an examination of a category under the Punjab Judicial Service Rules, 1994 if he has already availed himself of three chances in that category.
2. The High Court reserves the right to fill any post or to frame any kind of policy without assigning any reason.
3. In case of concealment of facts, false information, or misstatement made by any candidate in any document is found; the Lahore High Court reserves its right to cancel the candidature at any stage, even after the appointment. Such concealment shall lead to proceedings against the said candidate under the Punjab Legal Practitioners and Bar Councils Act, 1973, or criminal prosecution under the Pakistan Penal Code, 1860 and shall forfeit his/her right to appear in this or subsequent examination(s) or to remain in service.
4. The conduct of the applicant in the Courts during practice would be relevant.
5. An online prescribed application form is available on the official website of the Lahore High Court, i.e. www.lhc.gov.pk.
6. Candidates are required to deposit a non-refundable examination fee of Rs. 5,000/- (Rupees four thousand only) in any branch of MCB Bank situated within the province of Punjab in MCB Bank Lahore High Court, Lahore Branch Gold Saving Account No.0785503341001134 titled Human Resource-District Judiciary and fill in the online prescribed application form. After taking print thereof, the candidates are required to forward an application form to the office of the undersigned along with the original deposit slip. Deposit slips are available in all the branches of MCB Bank. The candidate must fill in the following information on the Deposit Slip: –
- Name of the Candidate
- CNIC of the Candidate
- Job Title
7. The hard copy of the online application form along with the original bank deposit slip and the relevant documents must be dispatched by registered post to the office of the undersigned on or before 31st October 2023, whereafter no online submission or hard copy shall be accepted.
8. The attested copies of the following documents must be attached to the hard copy of the application form: –
- All educational certificates/degrees.
- Domicile certificate.
- Computerized National Identity Card.
d. Two years’ experience certificate as an advocate duly signed by the concerned President, District Bar Association, stating the date when the candidate was enrolled as a member of the Bar Association and duly countersigned by the concerned District and Sessions Judge;
e. Enrolment certificate as an advocate of courts subordinate to the High Court;
f. Membership certificate of District/Tehsil Bar Association issued on their letterhead clearly mentioning the candidates’ Name, CNIC and Date of the Membership duly stamped and countersigned by the President of the District/Tehsil Bar Association and the concerned District and Sessions Judge (erased and manual correction is not allowed);
g. Prescribed Character Certificate from the President District/Tehsil Bar Association duly countersigned by the concerned District & Sessions Judge;
h. Appointment letter in case of a Government Employee;
i. The Prosecutors and Government Employees who fall in the ambit of the Punjab Judicial Service Rules, 1994, shall provide the experience certificate on the prescribed proforma duly issued by the competent authority;
j. A Disabled applicant should provide a Disability Certificate issued by the Competent Disability Board showing suitability/fitness of the person for the subject post as provided under Disabled Persons (Employment and Rehabilitation) Ordinance, 1981;
k. Five latest passport size attested photographs (one from the front and four from the backside) by a Government Officer of BS-17 or above who should give his/her full name, designation, affix his/her official stamp and signatures. The said photographs shall be submitted in a small-sized envelope and the same be uploaded while submitting the online application form;
Background: Light blue, white, or off white;
- Candidates need to be looking directly to the camera;
- The tilted face/pose is not allowed;
- The features of the face need to be clearly visible for identification purposes;
- Female candidates should also upload photos without covering their faces for identification and security purpose;
9. Incomplete applications will be rejected summarily. No deficiency shall be permitted to be made up after the last date for submission of application forms.
10. Attachment of Enrollment & Membership Certificate of District Bar Association is compulsory under Rule 7(1)(a)(ii) of the Punjab Judicial Service Rules, 1994.
11. District Attorneys, Deputy District Attorneys, Assistant District Attorneys, full-time prosecutors authorized to conduct the prosecution on behalf of the Government shall apply through proper channels.
12. No age/experience relaxation shall be granted under the rules.
13. Applications without bank deposit receipt shall be rejected summarily.
14. The applicants shall be governed by the rules, regulations, policy, and decisions made by the Lahore High Court, Lahore from time to time.
15. The answer books of the examination shall be disposed-off after three months from the date of declaration of the final result. No representation/application of any kind shall be entertained thereafter.
16. The candidates can submit requests for recounting of their paper within 15 days after the declaration of written examination result on payment of Rs. 2500/- per paper with MCB Bank Ltd.
17. The candidate is also required to mentioned in their online application form if they have availed any chance of appearing in the examination held in 2017/2019/2020/2022/2023.
18. Manual addition or cutting in the hard copy of online application form is not allowed. In case, if they candidate makes such cutting or uses fluid/Blanco etc. his/her application would be rejected.
- Civil Judge Exam Result 2022
- Civil Judge Examinations: Qualification and New Revised Syllabus
- Civil Judge Past Papers
- ASJ Exam 2020: Advertisement, Qualification and Revised Syllabus 2020
- Duties and Responsibilities of Judges: What They Really Do All Day
- ASJ Past Papers
- CSS Guide 2022
- CSS Past Papers
- PMS Guide 2022
- PMS Past Papers