Here you will find the Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) (Amendment) Act, 2022 in PDF.
Transgender people constitute one of the most marginalized communities in the country. They face problems ranging from social exclusion to discrimination, lack of education facilities, unemployment, lack of medical facilities, and so on.
To avoid such discrimination against transgender persons a new amendment bill to amend the Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Act, 2018 was introduced in the National Assembly by Mr. Qadir Khan Mandokhail (MNA).
In the amendment bill section 17 of the Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Act, 2018 was amended.
Amendment of Section 17 Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Act, 2018 which reads as follows:
Section 17. Offenses and Punishments:
(1) whoever deprives any transgender person of any right conferred under this Acl or forcefully employs or compels for begging or uses his person for an illicit and illegal purpose shall commit an offense under this Act.
(2) All offenses under this Act shall be triable by the Court of Magistrate within whose territorial jurisdiction, the offense is committed.
(3) Whoever commits any offense under this Act, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term not exceeding three years or with fine not exceeding one hundred thousand or both.”
Reason of Amendment
It has been observed that the earlier section 17, was not clear. It neither declared any offense nor provided any court of competent jurisdiction. Further, in the existing provision only nominal punishment, which can be declared as symbolic punishment has been mentioned. Keeping in view the enhanced ratio of offenses, and for the provision of the proper declaration of the offense as well as the provision of the competent court for the adjudication the instant amendment is proposed.
Find below the Transgender Persons (Protection of Right) (Amendment) Act, 2022:
Download Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Amendment Act, 2022.
- Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) Act, 1974 Explained in Detail
- Change your date Of Birth on CNIC through NADRA
- M.Phil, MS, Ph.D. and LLM Allowance to Employees Across the Board