Prevention of Electronic Crimes Act, 2007 is a Bill to make provision for the prevention of the electronic crimes.
WHEREAS it is expedient to prevent any action directed against the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the electronic systems, networks, and data as well as the misuse of such systems, networks, and data by providing for the punishment of such actions and to provide a mechanism for investigation, prosecution and trial of offenses and for matters connected therewith or ancillary thereto;
It is hereby enacted as follows:
1. Short title, extent application, and commencement.—(1) This Act may be called the Prevention of Electronic Crimes Act, 2007.
(2) It extends to the whole of Pakistan.
(3) It shall apply to every person who commits an offense under this Act irrespective of his nationality or citizenship whatsoever or in any place outside or inside Pakistan, having a detrimental effect on the security of Pakistan or its nationals or national harmony or any property or any electronic system or data located in Pakistan or any electronic system or data capable of being connected, sent to, used by or with any electronic system in Pakistan.
(4) It shall come into force at once.
2. Definitions.— (1) In this Act, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context,—
(a) “access” means gaining access to any electronic system or data held in an electronic system or by causing the electronic system to perform any function to achieve that objective;
(b) “Authority” means the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority established under section 3 of the Pakistan Telecommunication (Re-organization) Act 1996 (XVII of 1996);
(c) “Code” means the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1 898 (Act V of 1898);
(d) “Constitution” means Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan;
(e) “data “ means representations of information or of concepts that are being prepared or have been prepared in a form suitable for use in an electronic system including but not limited to computer programs, text, images, sound, video, and information within a database or electronic system;
(f) “decision of the Authority” means decision given, a determination made or order passed by the Authority under any of the provisions of the Pakistan Telecommunication (Re-organization) Act 1996 ( XVII of 1996) on any matter related to one or more licensed operators in pursuant to the powers conferred upon the Authority by any other law, rules, regulation or directive for the time being in force which includes any interim order passed by the Authority pending final decision;
(g) “Electronic Certification Accreditation Council” means the council established under section 18 of the Electronic Transaction Ordinance 2002(LI of 2002);
You can download the Prevention of Electronic Crimes Act, 2007.
You may also like these: