The Registration Act,1908 is an Act to consolidate the enactments relating to the Registration of documents.
Preamble: Whereas it is expedient to consolidate the enactments relating to the registration of documents:
It is hereby enacted as follows: –
PART I — PRELIMINARY
1. Short title, extent, and commencement: (1) This Act may be called the Registration Act, 1908.
(2) It extends to the whole of Pakistan except such Districts or tracts of the country as the Provincial Government may exclude from its operation.
(3) It shall one into force on the first day of January 1909.
2. Definitions: In this Act, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context, –
(1) addition means the place of residence, and the profession, trade, rank and the title (if any) of a person described, and his father’s name, or where he is usually described as the son of his mother then his mother’s name ;
(2) ‘book’ includes a portion of a book and also any number of sheets connected together with a view of forming a book or portion of a book. ;
(2-a) ‘co-operative society’ means a co-operative society registered under the Cooperative Societies Act, 1912 (II of 1912), or under any other law for the time being in force relating to the registration of co-operative societies;
(3) ‘district’ and ‘sub-district’ respectively mean a district and sub-districts formed under this Act;
(4) ‘District Court’ includes the High Court in its ordinary original civil jurisdiction;
You can download The Registration Act, 1908.
You may also like these: