The Punjab Information of Temporary Residents Ordinance 2015 is to provide for sharing of information of tenants and other temporary residents. It was enacted on 8th January, 2015.
Whereas it is expedient to obtain information about tenants and other temporary residents; to develop a database of such persons. To effectively combat terrorism and other crimes; to use such information for investigation and prosecution of certain offences; and, to provide for ancillary matters.
Now therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred under clause (1) of Article 128 of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Governor of the Punjab is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:
1. Short title, extent and commencement.– (1) This Ordinance may be cited as the Punjab Information of Temporary Residents Ordinance 2015.
(2) It extends to whole of the Punjab.
(3) It shall come into force at once.
2. Definitions.– In this Ordinance:
(a) “Code” means the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1898 (V of 1898);
(b) “Government” means Government of the Punjab;
(c) “guest” means a person who is in possession or enjoyment of lodging, or board and lodging at a hotel or a hostel except an employee of the hotel or hostel;
(d) “hostel” means a premises where residential accommodation is offered for rent or any other consideration but shall not include a rented premises or a hotel or a hostel exclusively managed and controlled by an organisation or institution and which is being exclusively used for the residence of the enrolled students or staff of such organisation or institution;
(e) “hotel” means a premises meant for lodging, or board and lodging offered to guests for monetary consideration or otherwise and includes a guest house, resort, motel, inn or sarai but shall not include a rented premises or a hostel;
(f) “landlord” means the owner of the premises let out for residential purpose or which may be used as a temporary place of abode and includes a lessor or a person who is entitled or authorised to receive rent, lease amount, charges or any other monetary consideration.
You can download the Punjab Information of Temporary Residents Ordinance, 2015.
You may also like these:
- All other Laws
- Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) Act, 1974 Explained in Detail
- Essay on Doctrine of Necessity for CSS, PMS, Judiciary Examinations
- Suit Against Government or Public Office Holder
- Effects of Court Case on Government Job and Career
- How to Get Succession Certificate from NADRA