THE PUNJAB FERTILIZERS (CONTROL) ORDER, 1973
It is an order to control the use of fertilizers in Punjab. The Punjab Fertilizers Control Order, 1973 was enacted on 10 August 1973.
In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 3 of the Punjab Essential Articles (Control) Ordinance, 1973 (Punjab Ordinance No. VII of 1973), The Governor of Punjab is pleased to make the following Order:
1. Short title and commencement.—
(1) This Order may be called the Punjab Fertilizers (Control) Order, 1973.
(2) It extends to the whole of the Province of Punjab.
(3) It shall come into force at once.
2. Definitions.— In this Order, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions shall have the meaning hereby respectively assigned to them, that is to say
(a) “adulterated”, when used with reference to a fertilizer, means fertilizer the nutritional strength or purity of which falls below the professed standard or quality mentioned on its label or under which it is sold ;
(b) “dealer” means a person or an association of persons carrying on the business of selling any brand of fertilizer whether wholesale or retail;
(bb) “fertilizer” means any material, organic or inorganic, or mixture used to supply one or more of the essential plant nutrient elements.
(c) “importer” means a person or an association of persons importing into Punjab whether under an import license or otherwise, any brand of fertilizer from outside Punjab and includes a buying agent, an inventor, and a manufacturer’s agent; and
(d) “producer” means a person or an association of persons engaged in the manufacture or production of any brand of fertilizer.
You can download The Punjab Fertilizers (Control) Order, 1973.
You may also like these:
- All other Laws
- Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) Act, 1974 Explained in Detail
- Suit Against Government or Public Office Holder
- Effects of Court Case on Government Job and Career
- How to Get Succession Certificate from NADRA