PUNJAB CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT 2005
(Pb. Act II of 2005)
25 January 2005
The Punjab Consumer Protection Act 2005 is an Act to provide for protection and promotion of the rights and interests of the consumers. Consumers in Punjab should understand this Act as their rights and responsibility.
Preamble.– Whereas, it is expedient to provide for protection and promotion of the rights and interests of the consumers, speedy redress of consumer complaints and for matters connected therewith;
It is hereby enacted as follows:-
Punjab Consumer Protection Act Highlights
1. Short title, extent and commencement.– (1) This Act may be called the Punjab Consumer Protection Act 2005.
(2) It shall extend to the whole of the Province of the Punjab.
(3) It shall come into force at once.
2. Definitions.– In this Act, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context,–
(a) “Act” means the Punjab Consumer Protection Act 2005;
(b) “Authority” means the District Coordination Officer of the district concerned [or any other officer as may be notified by the Government];
(c) “consumer” means a person or entity who–
(i) buys or obtains on lease any product for a consideration and includes any user of such product but does not include a person who obtains any product for resale or for any commercial purpose; or
(ii) hires any services for a consideration and includes any beneficiary of such services;
Explanation:- For the purpose of sub-clause (i), “commercial purpose” does not include use by a consumer of products bought and used by him only for the purpose of his livelihood.
You can download the Punjab Consumer Protection Act, 2005.
You may also like these:
- All other Laws
- Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) Act, 1974 Explained in Detail
- Essay on Doctrine of Necessity for CSS, PMS, Judiciary Examinations
- Suit Against Government or Public Office Holder
- Effects of Court Case on Government Job and Career