THE COLONIZATION OF GOVERNMENT LANDS
The colonization of Government Lands is an Act to make better provisions for the Colonization and Administration of Government Lands in Punjab. It was formulated on 21 June 1912.
WHEREAS It, is expedient to make better provision for the Colonization and Administration of Government Lands in Punjab; It is hereby enacted as follows:–
1. Title and local extent.-(l) This Act may be called the Colonization of Governments Lands (Punjab) Act, 1912.
(2) [It extends to the whole of the Province of Punjab except the Tribal Areas].
2. Repeal.-The Government Tenants (Punjab) Act, 1893 is hereby repealed.
3. Definitions.- In this Act, unless there is something repugnant in the subject or context,- ‘Collector’ means the Collector of the district as described in [West Pakistan Land Revenue Act, 1967] and includes:
(1) any officer appointed by the [Board of Revenue] to perform all or any of the functions and exercise all or any of the powers of the Collector under this Act, and
(2) any Colonization Officer or Assistant Colonization Officer appointed as such before the commencement of this Act, whether or not such officer was by notification appointed to perform all or any of the functions of a Deputy Commissioner under the Act hereby repealed.
You can download The Colonization of Government Lands (Punjab) Act, 1912.
You may also like these: