Provincial Motor Vehicles Ordinance, 1965
Provincial Motor Vehicles Ordinance, 1965 is an Ordinance to amend and consolidate the law relating to Motor Vehicles in the Province of West Pakistan.
Provincial Motor Vehicles Ordinance, 1965 Highlights
Preamble.– WHEREAS it is expedient to amend and consolidate the law relating to motor vehicles in the Province of West Pakistan;
AND WHEREAS the Provincial Assembly of West Pakistan is not in session and the Governor of West Pakistan is satisfied that circumstances exist which render immediate legislation necessary;
Now, THEREFORE, in the exercise of the powers conferred on him by clause (1) of Article 79 of the Constitution, the Governor of West Pakistan is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:-
1. Short title and extent.– (1) This Ordinance may be called the Provincial Motor Vehicles Ordinance, 1965.
(2) It extends to the whole of Pakistan.
2. Definitions.– In this Ordinance, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions shall have the meanings hereby respectively assigned to them, that is to say–
(1) “ambulance” means a vehicle designed for the carriage of sick, wounded, or invalid persons or animals;
(2) “axle weight” means in relation to an axle of a vehicle the total weight transmitted by the several wheels attached to that axle to the surface whereon the vehicle rests.
You can download the Provincial Motor Vehicles Ordinance, 1965.
You may also like these:
- All other Laws
- Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) Act, 1974 Explained in Detail
- Essay on Doctrine of Necessity for CSS, PMS, Judiciary Examinations
- Suit Against Government or Public Office Holder
- Effects of Court Case on Government Job and Career
- How to Get Succession Certificate from NADRA