The Punjab Civil Servants Act, 1974 is basically the pioneer Act regarding the Civil Servants’ appointments, Job rules, service structures, and punishments. Here you will find the Punjab Civil Servants Act, 1974 in Pdf format. Its a major act regarding the service matter in Punjab. It is equally applicable for both Civil and Public servants in Punjab.
THE PUNJAB CIVIL SERVANTS ACT, 1974
(VIII of 1974)
[4th June, 1974]
An Act to regulate the appointment to, and the terms and conditions of service in respect of the services of the Province of the Punjab.
Preamble.— WHEREAS it is expedient to regulate by law, the appointment to, and the terms and conditions of the services of the Province of the Punjab, and to provide for matters connected therewith or ancillary thereto;
It is hereby enacted as follows:-
1. Short title, application and commencement.— (1) This Act may be called the Punjab Civil Servants Act, 1974.
(2) It applies to all civil servants wherever they may be.
(3) It shall come into force at once.
2. Definitions.— (1) In this Act, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context,-
(a) “ad hoc appointment” means appointment of a duly qualified person made otherwise than in accordance with the prescribed method of recruitment, pending recruitment in accordance with such method;
(b) “civil servant” means a person who is a member of a civil service of the province or who holds a civil post in connection with the affairs of the Province, but does not include—
(i) a person who is on deputation to the province from the Federation or any other province or authority;
(ii) a person who is employed on contract, or on work-charged basis, or who is paid from contingencies; or
(iii) a person who is a ‘worker’ or ‘workman’ as defined in the Factories Act, 1934 (XXV of 1934) or the Workmen’s Compensation Act, 1923 (VIII of 1923);
(c) “Government” means the Government of the Punjab;
(d) “initial recruitment” means appointment made otherwise than by promotion or transfer;
(e) “pay” means the amount drawn monthly by a civil servant as pay, and includes technical pay, special pay, personal pay and any other emoluments declared as pay by the prescribed authority;
Download the complete The Punjab Civil Servants Act, 1974 here.
You may also like these:
- Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) Act, 1974 Explained in Detail
- Essay on Doctrine of Necessity for CSS, PMS, Judiciary Examinations
- Suit Against Government or Public Office Holder
- Effects of Court Case on Government Job and Career