Islamabad: Summary Approved for Upgradation of Federal Employees BPS-01 to BPS-16. I am presenting the Approved Summary Upgrading Federal Employees from BPS-01 to BPS-16 and Granting Federal Government Employees a Time Scale.
The summary states that the employees will also receive time scale upgrades of one scale and two scales. The following section of the summary was approved by the Prime Minister:
Summary for Upgradation Federal Employees BPS-01 to BPS-16 Approved
- Read with Para 12
What is Para 3 of the Upgradation Summary:
According to para 3 of the summary the following, the Prime Minister of Pakistan approved the employees:
- Employees of BPS-01 to BPS-05 will get two higher pay scales as a one-time dispensation
- If the employee of BPS-01 to BPS-05 have already availed 2022 time scale policy they will get one scale time scale upgradation only.
- The employees of BPS-06 to BPS-15 will get one scale-up if they have not already availed the benefit from Time Scale Policy 2022
- If the employees of BPS-06 to BPS-15 have availed benefits from the Time Scale policy 2022, then they will get only one additional increment
- The Federal employees of BPS-16 will get one additional increment as a one-time dispensation.
Upgradation of Clerical Staff (LDC / UDC)
The following upgradation of clerical staff has been given approval:
|Sr. No||Name of Post||Existing Basic Pay Scale||Upgraded pay Scale|
|1||Upper Division Clerk (UDC)||BPS-11||BPS-13|
|2||Lower Division Clerk (LDC)||BPS-09||BPS-11|
As a result, the LDC and UDC each receive two pay scale upgrades.
Who will get Upgradation or Time Scale promotion?
The following employees will get the benefit from this upgradation and time scale:
- Employees Paid out of Defence estimates will not get the benefit of dispensation
- The Federal Employees who are not getting Disparity Reduction Allowance 2022 and DRA-2021 will not get the dispensation except mentioned below.
- BPS-17 and Above employees will not get the dispensation
- Upgradation for UDC and LDC involves the actual higher post designation other posts will only get the financial benefit, not the post-upgrade.
- Employees will get the dispensations with effect from 1st January 2023
Other T&Cs are available
The proposal in paragraphs 3 and 4 read with paragraph 1 of the summary has been seen by the prime minister, who is pleased to approve it with the condition that the phrase “and who are in receipt of Disparity Reduction Allowances” be omitted for employees of the President’s Secretariat (Public), President’s Secretariat (Personal), Prime Minister’s Office (Public), and Prime Minister’s Officer.
The Following Employees have also been included in the summary:
- President’s Secretariat (Public)
- President’s Secretariat (Personal)
- Prime Minsiter’s Office (Public)
- Prime Minister’s Officer (Internal)
- Notification of Upgradation of Federal Government Employees 2023
- Upgradation of Computer Operator BS-15 to BS-16