On February 27, 2023, the Cabinet Secretariat Establishment Division of the Government of Pakistan issued a notification regarding the Amendment Recruitment Rules 2023 for LDC and UDC. The specifics are as follows:
The following modifications to the uniform Recruitment Rules for Ministerial Posts must be made in accordance with the powers granted by sub-rule (2) of rule 3 of the Civil Servants (Appointment, Promotion, and Transfer) Rules, 1973, as notified by Establishment Division via SRO.
Notification Amendment Recruitment Rules 2023 LDC and UDC 139(1)/2012, dated 31st January 2012 as altered now and again, relevant to all Services / Divisions / Branches of the National Government.
New Table of BPS Wise Posts Positions LDC/UDC wef 01-03-2023
|Sr. No||Name of Post||Existing BPS||Revised / Upgraded BPS|
Lower Division Clerks and Upper Division Clerks: Modifications to Recruitment and Promotion Rules
- The “Words”, “Brackets” & “Figures”, “L.D.C (BPS-09)” & “U.D.C (BPS-11)”, shall be substituted with “Words”, Brackets” & “Figures”, “L.D.C (BPS-11)” & “U.D.C (BPS-13)” wherever occurring.
- In Rule 3 (Condition for Promotion), against SI. No. 4 under column 2 the existing entry shall be deleted and substituted by “Employees holding posts in BPS-10 and below.”
- This Notification issues with the approval of the Establishment Division vide O.M. No.7/6.2002-R-VI dated 27-02-2023.
This Notification was issued by the Establishment Division following the Upgrading Federal Employees BPS-01 to BPS-16 Notification. The Establishment Division alters the rules for recruitment whenever there is a change in the number of positions. The following are the clerical staff’s Basic Pay Scales following the changes to the rules for hiring:
- Upper Division Clerk (UDC) = BPS-13
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC) = BPS-11
After the issuance of the Notification of Time scale promotion and upgradation, many offices have issued the By Name Notification of Upgradation UDC and LDC of their offices.
You may also like:
- Upgradation of Computer Operator BS-15 to BS-16
- Notification of MPhil, LLM and PhD Allowance who Recruited on MPhil, LLM or PhD Basis
- How to Apply Juvenile Card (JV) in NADRA