The year 2021 is approaching soon and that’s why the federal government of Pakistan has announced details of the public and optional holidays for 2021.
The Interior Ministry issued a notification for these holidays on 11-12-2020.
A total of 14 public holidays are included for the general public. It starts with Kashmir Day on February 5, 2021.
At least 22 optional holidays have also been announced for government employees. One employee, however, is only allowed to avail themselves one optional holiday if they are Muslim and three if they are non-Muslim.
The Public Holiday list includes:
- February 5th (Friday) – Kashmir Day
- March 23rd (Tuesday) – Pakistan Day
- May 1st (Saturday) – Labour Day
- May 14th, 15th, and 16th (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) – Eid-ul-Fitr *
- July 21st, 22nd, and 23rd (Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday) – Eid-ul-Azha *
- August 14th (Saturday) – Independence day
- August 18th, 19th (Wednesday and Thursday) – Ashura Muharram *
- October 19th (Tuesday) – Eid-i-Milad *
- December 25 (Saturday) – Quaid-i-Azam Day/Christmas
- December 26 (Sunday) – Day after Christmas (only for Christians)
* The Eid-ul-Fitr and Eid-ul-Azha holidays are Subject to the appearance of the moon.
Public Bank holidays for 2021
The bank will be closed on the following dates for public dealing, however, the employees of the banks/DFIs/MFBs will report to work as usual.
- 1st January 2021 (Friday)
- 14th April 2021 (Wednesday) corresponding to 1st Ramazan 1442 AH
- 1st July 2021 (Thursday)
Here is a list of the date and days of the holidays announced for 2021:
“The Government servants desiring to avail themselves of Optional Holidays shall take prior permission of the Head of Office concerned and no Government Servant shall be granted more than one optional holiday in the case of Muslims and three optional holidays for Non-Muslims, in a calendar year,” read the notification.
It added that the grant of this concession should not result in any dislocation of work.
The notification reminded that in the case of Muslim optional holidays, the number of persons permitted to holidays should be regulated in a manner so that adequate staff is available for the proper continuance of the work.
“The optional holidays are denominational and may be allowed at the discretion of the Head of Office, provided that work does not suffer,” it said.
“A Government Servant should not ordinarily be refused an Optional Holiday that is of religious significance and the refusal is likely to decrease the number of such holidays to which she/ he is entitled.”
Download the Federal Government notification for 2021 Public Holidays in Pakistan.
You May Also like these:
- Notification of MPhil, LLM and PhD Allowance who Recruited on MPhil, LLM or PhD Basis
- PhD, M.Phil, MS and LLM Allowance Notifications of Punjab
- CSS Examination 2021: Complete Guide for Beginners for CSS 2021
- PMS Past Papers: Get PMS Past Papers for All Subjects
- Suit Against Government or Public Office Holder