Here you’ll get the LAW GAT past paper held on 23 October 2022. LAW Graduate Assessment Test (GAT) is a compulsory paper to enroll as an advocate in Pakistan Bar Council. So, HEC conducts this exam in Pakistan. Find below LAW GAT past paper 23 October 2022 with a solution.
To Prepare for Law GAT exam download our Law GAT Preparation App now:
LAW GAT Paper of 23 October 2022
The following questions were asked in the LAW GAT paper held on 23 October 2022.
LAW of Evidence
1. As per article 2(9) of the Qanoon-e-Shahadat, 1984, when one fact is declared by the Order to be conclusive proof of another, the Court shall, on proof of the one fact, regard the other as proved, and ___ allow evidence to be given for the purpose of disproving it.
B. may not
D. shall not
2. As per explanation to article 6 of the Qanoon-e-Shahadat, 1984, “official record related to the affairs of state” ___ documents concerning industrial or commercial activities carried on directly or indirectly, by the Federal Government or a Provincial Government or any statutory body or corporation of the company set up or controlled by such government.
A. does not include
C. may include
D. shall not include
3. As per article 163(1) of the Qanoon-e-Shahadat, 1984, when the plaintiff takes oath in support of his claim, the court shall, on the plaintiff’s application, call upon the defendant ___.
A. to deny the claim on oath
B. to produce admissible evidence on oath
C. produce documentary evidence on oath
D. to produce oral evidence on oath
4. As per article 67 of the Qanoon-e-Shahadat, 1984 in criminal proceedings the fact that the person accused is of a good character is ___.
C. relevant with the court’s permission
5. As per illustration (a) to article 27 of the Qanoon-e-Shahadat, 1984, A is accused of receiving stolen goods knowing them to be stolen. It is proved that he was in possession of a particular stolen article. The fact that, at the same time, he was in possession of many other stolen articles is ___ as tending to show that he knows each and all of the articles of which he was in possession of to be stolen.
6. As per illustration (c) to Article 21 of the Qanoon-e-Shahadat, 1984, A is tried for the murder of B by poison fact that before the death of B. A procured poison similar to that, which was administered to B, is ___.
7. As per article 24(1) of the Qanoon-e-shahadat 1984 facts not otherwise relevant are relevant if they are ___ with any fact in issue or relevant fact.
8. As per article 2(2) of the Qanoon-e-Shahadat 1984 one fact is said to be relevant to another when the one is connected with the other in any of the ways referred to in the provisions of the Order related to the ___.
A. applicable facts
B. appropriate facts
C. relevancy of facts
D. significant facts
9. As per illustration (b) to Article 149 of the Qanoon-e-Shahadat 1984 a witness is asked whether he was not dismissed from a situation for dishonesty. He denies it. Evidence is offered to show that he was dismissed for dishonesty. The evidence is ___.
B. not admissible
C. partially admissible
10. As per illustration (a) to article 9 of the Qanoon-e-Shahadat 1984 a client, says to B and advocate I wish to obtain possession of property by the use of a forged deed on which I request you to sue the communication being made in furtherance of a criminal purpose is ___ from disclosure.
A. conditional protected
B. not protected
C. partially protected
11. As per illustration (c) to article 4 of the Qanoon-e-Shahadat 1984 A is accused before the Court of Session of attempting to murder a police officer whilst on his trial before B, a Sessions Judge, B ___ be examined as to what occurred.
B. may not
D. shall not
12. As per article 18 the Qanoon-e-Shahadat 1984 evidence may be given in any suit or proceeding of the existence or non-existence of every fact in Issue and of such other facts as are hereinafter declared to be relevant and ___.
A. of no others
B. other appropriate facts
C. other associated facts
D. other important facts
Constitution of Pakistan
9. According to article 7 of the constitution of Pakistan 1973, in this part unless the context otherwise requires, “the state” means the Majlis-e-Shoora a provincial government a provincial assembly, and such local or other authorities in Pakistan as are by law empowered to impose any tax or cess.
A. Federal government
B. National Assembly
10. According to Article 4(1) of the constitution of Pakistan 1973, to enjoy the protection of the law and to be treated in accordance with the law is the ___ right of every citizen. Wherever he may be and of every other person for the time being within Pakistan.
11. In the case Muhammad Nawaz Sharif vs. President of Pakistan (PLD 1993 S.C. 173) it was held that the dismissal of the Prime Minister along with his cabinet and the dissolution of the National Assembly under the purported powers conferred on the President under article 58(2) (b) could be upheld. This unlawful action moreover was also violative of ___.
A. ethical right
B. fundamental right
C. moral right
D. political right
12. The state Vs. Dosso and others (PLD 1958 S.C 533) the Supreme Court decided unanimously against the verdict of ___.
A. Balochistan High Court
B. Sindh Cheif Court
C. Lahore High Court
D. Peshawar High Court
13. As per article 183 of the Constitution of Pakistan 1973 the supreme court shall have power, subject to the provisions of any Act of Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament) and of any rules made by the Supreme court to ___ any judgment pronounced or any order made by it.
14. As per article 211 of the Constitution of Pakistan 1973 the proceedings before the council, its report to the President, and the removal of a Judge under clause (6) of article 209 shall not be called into question in.
A. any court
B. subordinate court
C. district court
D. high court
15. As per article 75(1) of the Constitution of Pakistan 1973, when a Bill is presented to the President for assent, the President shall, within ___ days, assent to the Bill or return the Bill to the Majlis-e-Shoora.
16. As per article 46 of the charter of the United Nations, plans for the application of armed force shall be made by the Security Council with the assistance of the ___.
A. International Armed Conflict Committee
B. Military Staff Committee
C. Police Action Committee
D. Regional Subcommittees
17. According to article 63a (5) of the Constitution of Pakistan 1973 any part aggrieved by the decision of the Election Commission may, within thirty days, prefer an appeal to the Supreme Court which shall decide the matter within ___ days from the date of filing of the appeal.
18. According to the Article 20(b) of the Constitution of Pakistan 1973, Subject of law, public order, and morality, every religious denomination and every sect thereof ___ have the right to establish, maintain and manage its religious institutions.
B. may not
D. shall not
19. According to Article 53(2) of the Constitution of Pakistan 1973, before entering office, a member elected as Speaker or Deputy Speaker shall make before the National Assembly oath in the form set out in the ___.
A. fist schedule
B. second schedule
C. third schedule
D. fourth schedule
20. As per article 18(2) of the Charter of the United Nations, decisions of the General Assembly on Important questions shall be made by a ___ of the members present and voting.
A. simple majority
B. two-third majority
C. three quarters majority
21. As per the Islamic jurisprudence by prof. Imran Ahsan khan Niazi, the disapproved act is divided by the Hanafis into ___ types.
22. As per jurisprudence by Sir John Salmond, more usually the common law means, not the whole of the law of England, but the residue of it after deducting any particular part which has a special title of its own. As so used it is one of the terms in several distinct pairs of contrasting expressions, the chief of which are the following EXCEPT:
A. common law as opposed to equity
B. common law as opposed to injustice
C. common law as opposed to special law
D. common law as opposed to statute law
23. As per Jurisprudence by Sir John Salmond, in the widest of its application the term jurisprudence means the ___ using the word law in that vague and general in which it includes all species of obligatory rules of human action.
A. art of law
B. creature of law
C. division of law
D. science of law
24. As per the Islamic Jurisprudence by Prof. Imran Ahsan Khan Niazi, a study of Islamic law, therefore, begins with the definition of ___.
25. As per the Islamic Jurisprudence by Prof. Imran Ahsan Khan Niazi, the Arabic word “hukm” in its literal sense means a command. In its technical sense, it means a ___.
26. As per Jurisprudence by Sir John Salmond, Justice becomes increasingly justice according to law, and courts of Justice become increasing courts of ___.
27. As per the Islamic Jurisprudence by Prof. Imran Ahsan Khan Niazi, according to the jurists, the reason why a woman cannot become a “qadi” or judge is linked to the question of ___.
28. As per jurisprudence by Sir John Salmond, for the division between judge and jury, the general rule is that questions of law are for the judge, and questions of ___ are for the jury.
29. As per jurisprudence b Sir Jhon Salmond, the law is the body of ___ recognized and applied by the state in the administration of justice.
Civil Procedure Code
30. As per order VIII rule 1 of the Code of Civil Procedure 1908, the defendant shall at or before the court hearing or within such time as the court may permit, present ___ his defense.
A. a legal record in
B. a written statement of
C. an argument in
D. evidence in
31. As per section 2(1) of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908, “code” includes ___.
32. As per Order VII, Rule 2 of the Code of Civil Procedure 1908, where the plaintiff seeks the recovery of money, the plaint shall state the precise ___.
A. amount claimed
B. amount gained
C. basis of the claim
D. law upon the claim
33. According to Order VI Rule 2 of the Code of Civil Procedure 1908 every pleading shall contain, and contain only, a statement in a concise form of the ___ on which the party pleading relies for his claim or defense, as the case may be.
A. legal facts
B. material facts
C. presumptions of facts
D. presumptions of law
34. As per section 115(2) of the code of civil procedure, 1908, the district court may exercise the powers conferred on the High Court by subsection (I) in respect of any case decided by a court subordinate to the such district court in which ___ appeal lies, and the amount or value of the subject-matter whereof does not exceed the limits of the appellate jurisdiction of the district court.
35. As per section 151 of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 nothing in this code shall be deemed to limit or otherwise affect the inherent power of the Court to make such orders as may be necessary for the ends of justice r to prevent ___ of the court.
A. abuse of the process
C. un-necessary procedures
D. un-due delay
36. As per section 96(2) of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 ___ may lie from an original decree passed ex-parte.
A. an appeal
B. no appeal
C. only three appeals
D. several appeals
37. As per section 47(2) of the code of civil procedure, 1908, the court ___ is subject to any objection as to limitation or jurisdiction
B. may not
D. shall not
38. As per section 104(2) of the Code of Civil Procedure 1908 ___ appeal shall lie from any order passed in appeal under this section.
D. right to
39. According to Order 1 rule 4(b) of the Code of Civil Procedure 1908 judgment may be given without any amendment against the such defendant as may be found to be liable according to their respective ___.
40. As per section 9 of the Code of Civil Procedure 1908 the Courts shall (subject to the provisions herein contained) have jurisdiction to try all suits of a civil nature accepting suits of which their cognizance is either ___ or impliedly barred.
41. As per Order IX, Rule 3 of the Code of Civil Procedure 1908 where neither party appears when the suit is called on for hearing, the court may make an order that the suit is ___.
51. As per section 204(3) of the Code of Criminal Procedure 1898, when by any law for the time being in force any process fees or other fees are payable, no process shall be issued until the fees are paid, and if such fees are not paid within a ___ time the court may dismiss the complaint.
52. As per section 410 of the code of Criminal Procedure 1898 any person convicted on a trial held by a Sessions Judge, or an Additional Sessions Judge, may appeal to the ___.
A. any court
B. District Court
C. High Court
D. Supreme Court
53. As per Section 406 of the Pakistan Pena Code 1860, Whoever, commits a criminal breach of trust snail is punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to ___ years, or with a fine or with both.
54. As per section 302(c) of the Pakistan Penal code 1860, whoever commits Qatl-e-Amd shall, subject to the provisions of chapter XVI, be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to ___ where according to the injunctions of Islam the punishment of Qisas is not applicable.
A. fourteen years
B. eighteen years
C. twenty-five years
D. whole life
55. As per section 116 of the Code of Criminal Procedure 1898, the Magistrate may, if he sees sufficient cause, dispense with the personal attendance of any person called upon to show cause why he should not be ordered to execute a bond for keeping the peace, an may permit him to appear by ___.
A. a close relative
B. a friend
C. a pleader
D. an agent
56. As per illustration (a) to section 318 of the Pakistan Penal Code 1860, A aims at a deer but misses the target and kills Z who is standing by, A is guilty of ___.
57. As per section 299(c) of the Pakistan Penal Code 1860, “authorized medical officer” means a medical officer or a Medical Board, howsoever designated, authorized by the ___.
A. judicial government
B. local government
C. national government
D. provincial government
58. An order under section 144(3) of the code of criminal procedure 1898, may be directed to a particular individual ___ when frequenting or visiting a particular place.
A. and not to the public generally
B. or to the public generally
C. or to the specific area
D. or to the specific part of the public generally
59. As per section 17 of the Pakistan Penal Code 1860, the word “Government” denotes the person or persons authorized by law to administer ___ in Pakistan or in any part thereof.
A. Executive Government
B. Federal Government
C. Local Government
D. Provincial Government
60. As per section 08 of the Pakistan Penal Code 1860, the pronoun “he” and its derivatives are used for any person ___.
A. of transgender specie
B. of the female specie
C. of the male specie
D. whether male or female
61. As per section 155(1) of the Code of Criminal Procedure 1898, when information is given to an officer in charge of a police station of the commission within the limits of such station of a non-cognizable offense, he shall enter a book to, be kept as aforesaid the substance of such information and refer the information to the ___.
A. additional session judge
C. senior civil judge
D. session judge
62. As per section 50 of the Code of Criminal Procedure 1898, the person arrested ___ be subjected to more restraint than is necessary to prevent his escape.
B. may not
D. shall not
63. As per section 104 of the code of Criminal Procedure 1898, ___ may, if it thinks fit, impound any document or thing produced before it under this code.
A. any court
B. court of magistrate first class
C. court of session
D. court of district magistrate
64. As per section 339 of the Pakistan Penal Code 1860, whoever voluntarily obstructs any person so as to prevent that person from proceeding in any direction in which that person has a right to proceed, is said wrongfully to ___ that person.
65. As per section 200 of the Code of Criminal Procedure 1898 A magistrate taking, cognizance of an offense on the complaint shall at once examine the complainant upon oath, and the substance of the examination shall be reduced to writing and shall be signed by the complainant, and also by the ___.
A. concerned police officer
D. prosecution witness
66. As per explanation 2 of section 21 of the Pakistan Penal Code, 1860, wherever the words “public servant” occur, they shall be understood by every person who is in actual possession of the situation of a public servant ___ legal defect there may be in his right to hold that situation.
67. As per section 4(j) of the Code of Criminal Procedure 1898, “High Court” means the highest court of ___ or revision for a province.
A. civil appeal
B. criminal appeal
C. second appeal
D. final appeal
68. As per section 502(1) of the Code of Criminal Procedure 1898, all or any sureties for the attendance and appearance of a person released on bail may ___ apply to a magistrate to discharge the bond, either wholly or so far as relates to the applicants.
A. at any time
B. within ten days
C. within fifteen days
D. within twenty days
69. As per illustration to section 93 of the Pakistan Penal code 1860, A, a surgeon, in good faith, communicates to a patient his opinion that he cannot live. The patient dies as a consequence of the shock. A has committed ___ though he knew it to be likely that the communication might cause the patient’s death.
A. an offense
B. no offense
C. offense of negligence
D. tortious liability
70. As per illustration to section 80 of the Pakistan Penal Code 1860, A is at work with a hatchet; the head files off and kills a man who is standing by. Here if there was no want of proper caution on the part of A, his act is ___ and not an offense.
A. civil liability
D. tortious liability
Professional Conduct and Etiquettes
71. As per rule 147 of the Pakistan legal practitioners & bar council rules 1975 an advocate shall not accept professional employment without first disclosing his if any with the ___ and his interest if any in the subject matter of such employment.
A. adverse party
D. investigation officer
72. As per rule 163 of the Pakistan legal practitioners & bar council’s rule 1976 the primary duty of an advocate engaged in public prosecution is not to convict but to see that justice is done. The suppression of facts or the concealing of witnesses capable of establishing the innocence of the accused is highly ___.
73. As per Rule 144 of the Pakistan legal practitioners & bar council’s rules 1976 where more than one advocate is engaged on any side it is the right o the senior member to lead the case and the junior members should assist him unless the ___ so wants.
A. adverse party
74. As per Rule 155 of the Pakistan legal practitioners & bar council’s rule 1976 controversies with clients concerning compensation are to be ___ by the advocate so far as shall be compatible with his self-respect and with his right to receive reasonable recompense for his services. Any lawsuits with clients should be resorted to only to prevent injustice imposition or fraud.
75. As per Rule 157 of the Pakistan Legal practitioners & bar council’s rule 1976 when an advocate is a witness for his client except to merely formal matters, such as the attestation or custody of an instrument and the like, he should leave the trial of the case to other advocates. Except when essential to the ends of justice, an advocate should ___ testifying in court on behalf of his client.
B. not avoid
C. be willingly
76. As per rule 145 of the Pakistan legal practitioners & bar council’s rule 1976 an advocate shall not acquire an interest ___ to a client in the property of interest involved in the case.
77. As per rule 143 of the Pakistan legal practitioners & bar council’s rule 1976 junior and younger members should always be respectful to senior and elder members. The latter is expected to be not only courteous but also ___ to their junior and younger brethren at the bar.
Note: we are updating this paper as soon as we received the questions. Visit again to find the fresh and updated paper here.
You also like these: