In this article, you will learn about LAW GAT, How to apply for LAW GAT, eligibility, Paper pattern its date, and schedule. Law Graduate Assessment Test (LAW GAT) is a compulsory test for enrolling as an advocate. The Higher Education Commission (HEC) announces the date and Schedule for conducting this LAW GAT every 3 months. Under the Pakistan Legal Practitioners & Bar Councils Rules, 1976 a law graduate desirous of seeking enrollment as an Advocate to practice law, is required to pass an Assessment Test, for being eligible to apply to a Bar Council.
In this article you will learn:
How to Register for LAW GAT?
To register for LAW GAT you have to log in on the HEC official Website. If you find any difficulty during the registration process then you should contact at [email protected] or visit your nearest HEC office. Your application will consist of two steps:
- Profile completion using “My Profile” section in same HEC website
- And application submission using the “Law GAT Test” link or menu panel in the left-hand sidebar of the online portal.
HEC will consider only online submitted application.
Fee for LAW GAT
The candidates are required to register for appearing in the test as scheduled by NTS. The complete registration process is given below:
- Fill the registration form and bank deposit slip from the NTS website.
- You should Deposit Rs. 3,000 for Law-GAT through online bank deposit slip in the online branches of MCB, UBL, HBL or ABL. The Challan form will be downloaded from NTS official website.
- Attach 2 photographs (1 x 1.5 inch) at the front of the registration form.
All candidates are required to provide their photographs with full face exposure.
Eligibility for Law GAT
All the candidates have acquired a Bachelor’s degree in Law from a university recognized by HEC and Pakistan Bar Council are eligible to apply.
- Candidates are required to submit an LL.B degree with copies of detailed transcript/marks certificates of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd years LL.B examination. In case of LL.B degree has not been issued the candidate may submit a detailed transcript marks certificate of LL.B (final year) examination.
- Candidates have a maximum of three chances to clear the test, NTS™ conducts the test thrice in a year.
- Students awaiting results are not eligible to apply.
- A 50% score is required to qualify the assessment test.
- Candidates will have to meet other criteria, if any, as per the rules and regulations of the Pakistan Bar Council.
Paper Pattern for Law GAT
The following is the paper pattern for the LAW GAT:
|Paper Pattern for Law GAT|
|6||English Legal Language||10%|
The test will consist of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). There will be no written/subjective part of the test. This is the complete paper pattern and marks distribution for LAW GAT.
Note: the test can of 50 Marks or 100 marks but the portion of percentage will remain the same.
LAW GAT Online Preparation
For preparing for LAW GAT we have arranged some Test papers here. You should attempt these papers before appearing in the LAW GAT examination.
Date & Schedule for LAW GAT
For the test date and schedule of examination centers please visit the HEC official Website. HEC will conduct this test every 3 months so, the exact date cannot be defined accurately.
Candidates who would register through HEC online registration process will be able to download their Roll Number Slip through http://etc.hec.gov.pk ten days before the test date.
Examination Centers for LAW GAT
The LAW GAT will be conducted in the following cities around the country. Choose your nearest city for appearing in LAW GAT.
To conclude what has been said above I can say that LAW GAT is a marvelous step by the HEC and PBC to reshaping this dynamic profession. Now if you have any questions related to LAW GAT you can ask on our Q & A Portal which is qa.legalversity.com and where you can get a quick answer or you can ask in the comment section below.