MCQs of Library Science about Library & Information Management. Here you will find the MCQs of Library Science regarding Library & Information Management. We have arrange these MCQs in Quiz format. This is the Quiz 03 of Library & Information Management. If you are a student of Library and Information Management Sciences (LIS), then the knowledge about Library & Information Management are so important to understand. So we have arranged these MCQs of Library Science for understanding its Information Management.
LIS MCQs of Library & Information Management (Quiz 03)
The following are the MCQs of Library & Information Management:
101. In computer terminology and usage, “Bug” stands for what?
A. Complete virus
B. Error in software
C. Error in hardware
D. Error in programming
102. The term “search strategy” is used in the context of:
103. The term “truncated” is used in:
B. Search formulation
104. UNIX is a:
A. Application software
B. Library software
C. Programming language
D. Operating system
105. Internet is a:
A. Management information system
B. Network of networks
C. Local area network
D. Library information system
106. CCF was developed by:
107. A graphic representation of the sequence of operations needed to carry out a job is known as:
A. Flow chart
B. Bar chart
C. Pie chart
D. Digital chart
108. The cable which consists of many insulated wires is known as:
A. Coaxial wire
B. Copper wire
C. Optical wire
D. Twisted wire
109. The glass fibers through which light waves representing electrical impulses are transmitted are known as:
A. Impulse wires
B. Glass wires
C. Copper wires
D. Optical wires
110. A set of rules that govern over all data communication system is popularly known as:
111. What is called a collection of information files organized systematically so as to make processing easy?
112. What is called a database consisting of statistical data presented in the form of tables?
A. Numerical database
B. Referral database
C. Full text database
D. Alpha-numerical database
113. Databases refer or point the user to another source in the?
A. Full text database
B. Reference database
C. Alpha-numerical database
D. Numerical database
114. The database contains the original and full information regarding any query is called:
A. Referral database
B. Reference database
C. Numerical database
D. Source database
115. ___ is a system software package that helps the use of integrated collection of data records and files known as databases.
116. What does the abbreviation DBMS stand for?
A. Database Management System
B. Digital Base Mapping System
c. Data Borrowing and Movement Software
D. Database Manipulation Software
117. The need for ISBD was felt primarily for the realization of goal for:
D. Resource sharing
118. What is called the facility of searching all the fields of the database with a given term or expression?
A. Free text searching
B. Expert searching
C. Truncated searching
D. Database searching
119. What is called network in which all the computer nodes are attached to a single cable?
120. What is called a network that exists in an organization?
121. What is called a machine-readable code consisting of vertical bars of varying widths to represent data?
A. Readable Code
B. Readable Code
C. Security Code
D. Bar Code
122. A processing complex consisting two or more integrated computers is known as:
123. ISDN is an important development in the field of:
A. Computer networks
B. Library software
124. What is called collection of interlinked computer networks or a network of networks?
125. World Wide Web is a facility on:
126. The internet was an emergency military communication system operated by which USA department?
B. US Navy
C. ARPA NET
127. The illustrated version of the internet is called:
128. Which software allows us to send messages, a few lines of text or large data files etc.
129. What is called the transfer of message from one person to other using computer?
130. Library collection or repository of electronic resources and technology are needed to provide access to:
A. Digital library
B. Mobile library
C. Electronic library
D. Automated library
131. Z39.50 is an international standard protocol for information retrieval in the networked:
A. Library system
B. Communication system
C. Computer system
D. Wireless system
132. Which is called a program instruction written in a high-level language that must be translated into machine language to be executed by the computer?
B. Source code
C. Object code
D. Bar code
133. The antivirus software identified the viruses and showed “quarantined” that means:
134. What is called the address where someone physically connects to a computer and defines the IP address for that computer and this address does not change unless someone physically changes it?
135. Internet was initially developed by which US department?
136. Internet became virtual network called:
137. Private internet that is accessible to select outsiders:
138. A secure and encrypted connection between two points across the internet to transmit corporate data:
139. What is called the practice of browsing information services on internet:
140. What is called the sailing over the internet sites for information?
141. An interface between the user and internet is known as:
c. Access point
142. Every place on the internet is usually called:
143. http://www.lycos.com/ is a popular address of:
B. Web directory
D. Search engine
144. YouTube is a strong format to explore:
145. The file transfer via network is known as:
146. The expert system Excite is:
A. Search engine
B. Language program
147. Info seek is a popular:
B. Search engine
C. Language program
148. What is called the management and classification of documents in a proper order?
149. What is called the second generation of internet-based services that
emphasize online collaboration and sharing among users?
B. Web 3.0
C. Web 2.0
D. Web 4.0
150. A system with universally accepted standards for storing, retrieving, formatting, and displaying information in a networked environment is called:
A. World Wide Web
D. Internet explorer
Topics Related to Library Science Quiz:
You may also like these LIS MCQ Tests:
- 1. Library Science: LIS MCQ Test 01
- 2. Library Science: LIS MCQ Test 02
- 3. Library Science: LIS MCQ Test 03
- 4. Library Science: LIS MCQ Test 04
- 5. Library Science: LIS MCQ Test 05
- 6. Library Science: LIS MCQ Test 06
- 7. Library Science: LIS MCQ Test 07
- 8. Library Science: LIS MCQ Test 08