The Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) announced to hold the Screening Test for Central Superior Services (CSS) 2022. The FPSC Said that from CSS 2022 they will hold a Screening Test to scrutinize the serious candidate for the CSS. The FPSC also announced the Syllabus for Screening Test from CSS 2022. In this article, you will find the Screening Test Syllabus for CSS.
The FPSC holds CSS competitive examination annually for recruitment to posts in BS-17 in twelve (12) occupational groups/services, mandated under section 7 of FPSC ordinance 1977 Annex-I. Over the years, the number of applicants for the CSS competitive examination has increased. FPSC has observed that from 1998-2019, on average, the number of applications increased by 10% annually. In the years 2020 and 2021, a surge of 69% is seen as compared to previous years.
In line with CCIR decision Annex-III, FPSC was directed to revisit the CSS competitive examination system through studying international best practices and incorporating views of various stakeholders. It is pertinent to mention here that, screening tests are held in SAARC countries to filter candidates to the main examination.
In order to effectively manage the increase in the number of candidates and to reduce the processing time for CSS competitive examination from 20 to 12 months, FPSC intends to introduce a Screening Test.
The syllabus for CSS Screening Test is given below:
|Sr. #||Subject||Marks (200)|
Civics & Ethics: for non-Muslims (they must opt Civic & Ethics or Islamic Studies)
|2||Urdu: Grammar usage, translation||20|
|3||English: Vocabulary, Grammar usage, comprehension||50|
Basic Arithmetic, algebra & geometry (SSC level), logical problem solving, analytical ability, and mental abilities
Everyday Science, Current Affairs, and Pakistan Affairs
This is the syllabus for CSS Screening Test from CSS 2022 to onwards.
Guidelines about CSS Screening Test / MCQ Based Preliminary Test (MPT)
The FPSC has notified the following guidelines about CSS Screening and MCQ based Preliminary Test (MPT):
- MPT will be effective from CSS 2022.
- It is a mandatory qualifying test for appearing In the main written CSS 2022 examination.
- Appearing in the MPT will not be counted as a chance.
- MPT will comprise 200 multiple choice questions (MCQ) of one mark each.
- No negative marking
- Time Duration will be 200 Minutes.
- The qualifying threshold for MPT is 33% marks or 66 out of 200.
- Answer key will be uploaded on the FPSC website on the same day after the conclusion of the test.
- Candidates will be allowed to take a carbon copy of the answer sheet.
- MPT will be a knowledge-based test.
- A score of MPT will be valid only for the same year’s CSS examination and will not be counted towards over marks determining the final merit position.
- The cut-off date to determine eligibility in terms of age, qualification, domicile, etc. is 31.12.20221.
- The fee for MPT will be Rs. 500/- (non-refundable).
Eligibility for CSS Screening Test / MCQ Based Preliminary Test (MPT)
All graduates having at least 2nd Division in Bachelor’s degree and between the age of 21 to 30 years on the cut-off date 31st December 2021 are eligible to apply.
Two Years of age relaxation is admissible to the categories specified in CSS Rules 2019 under section 6 sub-section 2 of these Rules.
CSS Screening Test Advertisement and Test Dates
The FPSC has recently advertised in which FPSC asked the aspirant to apply for Screening test / MCQ based preliminary test for CSS Competitive examination 2022 well before 15th December 2022. The Candidates have to pay an Examination Fee of Rs. 250/- before applying online at the FPSC official website.
- To view Advertisement in English, Click here
- Download Treasury Receipt/ Chalan Form for MPT, Click here
- For Applying Online for MPT, Click here
- To view Guidelines for Applying Online for MPT, Click here
CSS Screening Test Date
The CSS Screening Test will be held as per the following schedule: (dates can be changed by FPSC)
|01.||Advertised Notice||14 November 2021|
|02.||Online Application for Screening Test||28 November to 15 December 2021|
|03.||Conduct of Test & Posting of Answer Key on Web||20 February 2022|
|04.||Official Result Announcement||7 March 2022|
|05.||Forms & Documents from MCQ Test Qualifiers||8 to 25 March 2022|
|06.||Main Written Examination (commencement date)||30 May 2022|
Download the FPSC public notice for Screening Test
You also like this:
- CSS Guide for 2022
- PMS Syllabus 2020
- All CSS Past Papers: Get All CSS Past Papers Subject wise Here
- English Essay – Write Effective Essay for CSS, PMS, and Judiciary Exams
- PMS Past Papers: Get PMS Past Papers for All Subjects
- Essay for CSS, PMS and Judiciary Exam