ASJ Exam 2020: Advertisement, Qualification and Revised Syllabus 2020
Lahore High Court, Lahore announces the ASJ Exam 2020. He invited applications are invited from candidates domiciled in Punjab, possessing the following qualifications as prescribed in the Punjab Judicial Service Rules, 1994 for appointment against the vacant posts of Additional District & Sessions Judges (BS-20) on temporary basis likely to be made permanent:-
Qualifications for ASJ Exam:
(1) An advocate who possesses a degree in Law from a recognized university entitling him/her to practice the profession of law or is a Member of the Faculty of Advocates of Scotland;
(2) A practicing advocate of Lahore High Court and the Courts subordinate to the Lahore High Court with the minimum practice of ten years (ten years’ practice as an advocate shall be counted from the date when the advocate became registered member of any Bar Association under Rule 7.10 read with 7.12 of The Punjab Legal Practitioners and Bar Council Rules, 1974.)
Not less than 35 years and not more than 45 years.
BS-20 plus All admissible allowances.
(1) Three percent (3%) quota reserved therein for disabled persons as envisaged by Displaced Persons (Employment and Rehabilitation) Ordinance, 1981 as amended by Section 2 of the Punjab Disabled Persons (Employment and Rehabilitation) (Amendment) Act, 2015.
(2) Five percent (5%) reserved for minorities in the light of Government of the Punjab Notification No. SOR-III(S&GAD)1-35/93, dated 27.03.2010.
Commencement of Examination
The ASJ examination 2020 will be held from Thursday 02 April 2020.
In this ASJ Exam, Candidates have to secure 40% marks in each paper. A candidate must have 50% aggregate marks to pass the written examination.
Psychology and Aptitude Test
When a candidate passes the written examination he will undergo a compulsory Psychological and Aptitude Test. It is so much important for the candidates to do well in the Psychological and Aptitude Test as the report of these will be placed before the interview committee.
All the Candidates who qualify written examination shall be called for Final InterviewIn this, the mental ability and work confidence also how you will handle the pressure during this job will be tested. All those secure 50% marks (150 out of 300 ) in this final interview will be considered for selection/appointment.
You can read about Civil Judge Exam here.
Syllabus for ASJ Exam:
The written examination shall consist of eight papers. A candidate shall answer all papers in the English language except Paper 7. The time allowed for each paper shall be 3 hours. The subjects and maximum marks allocated to each paper shall be as under:-
|5||Constitution and High Court Rules & Orders||100|
Paper 1: Criminal Law-I (Marks: 100)
Criminal Law paper one contains the following books:
- The Pakistan Penal Code 1860
- The Diyat, Arsh and Daman Fund Rules 2007
- Illegal Dispossession Act, 2005
- The Control of Narcotics Substances Act, 1997
- The Anti-Terrorism Act, 1997
Paper 2: Criminal Law-II (Marks: 100)
Criminal Law paper two contains the following books:
- The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1898
- The Juvenile Justice System Ordinance, 2000
- Medical Jurisprudence
- Cyber Crimes (Pakistan)
Paper 3: Civil Law-I (Marks: 100)
Civil Law paper one contains the following books:
- Contract Act of 1872
- Guardian and Ward Act, 1890 read with relevant provisions of High Court Rules & Orders
- Limitation Act of 1908
- Muslim Family Laws of Pakistan
- Punjab Pre-Emption Act of 1991
- Punjab Rented Premise Act 2009
- The Specific Relief Act, 1877
- The Defamation Ordinance, 2000
Paper 4: Civil Law-II (Marks: 100)
Civil Law paper two contains the following books:
- The Code of Civil Procedure, 1908
- The General Clauses Act 1897
- The Court Fee Act of 1870
- The Qanun-e-Shahadat Order, 1984
- The Registration Act 1908
- The Punjab Land Revenue Act 1967
Paper 5: Constitution and High Court Rules & Order (Marks: 100)
Question about the Constitution of Pakistan 1973 and the Rules of High Court will be given in paper 5 and the following books are for this purpose:
- Volume I: High Court Rules and Orders
- Volume II: High Court Rules and Orders
- Volume III: High Court Rules and Orders
- Volume IV: High Court Rules and Orders
- The Constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan 1973
- The Punjab Civil Courts Ordinance 1962
Paper 6: English (Marks: 100)
The sixth paper will be of English Language and comprehension. In this paper, English literature, grammar, correct use of sentences, etc will be given and the following are particular of this paper:
- English Literature
- English Essay
Paper 7: Urdu (Marks: 100)
The sixth paper will be of Urdu Language and comprehension. In this paper, Urdu literature, grammar, correct use of sentences, etc will be given and the following are particular of this paper:
- Urdu Literature
- Urdu Essay
Paper 8: General Knowledge (Marks: 100)
The seventh paper is about General Knowledge. This paper is designed to test the ability of the candidate to that how much he is capable G.K, Pakistan Study, etc. the following topics will be given in this paper:
- Every Day Science
- General Knowledge
- Pakistan Affairs
- International Relations
Suggested Readings for Papers 6, 7, and 8
Suggested Readings for the Post of Additional District & Sessions Judge for Papers 6, 7, and 8.
Paper 6 English
- The Conquest of Happiness (By Bertrand Russell)
- Oxford Dictionary of Proverbs
- Longrnart Phrasal Verbs Dictionary
Paper 7 Urdu
- Shikwa Jawab-e-Shikwa (Allama Iqbal)
- Awaz Dost (Mukhtar Masood)
Paper 8 General Knowledge
- Pakistan: A Study of its Constitutional History (1957-1975) by Justice (Reid.) Masud Ahmad
- Constitutional 86 Political History of Pakistan, 2nd Edition by Hamid Khan,
- The Struggle for Pakistan: A Muslim Homeland and Global Politics..by Ayesha Jalal
- Introduction to Information Technology 2005 ITL., Education Solutions Limited,
- The Emergence of Pakistan by Chaudhary Mohammad Ali
- Government and Politics in Pakistan by Mushtaq Ahmed
- Pakistan in the 20th Century by Lawrence Ziring
- Asan Fiqah Part 1 (Maulana Muhammad Yusaf Islahi)
- Asan Fiqah Part 2 (Maulana Muhammad Yusaf Islahi)
- Din-o-Shariyat (Muhammad Manzoor Naumani)
Download ASJ Exam 2020 Complete Detail here.
ASJ Exam 2020 is commencing from 2 April 2020 the age, qualification and syllabus for ASJ Exam is given above with complete detail.