0 like 0 dislike
asked in The Punjab Pension Fund Act 2007 by
please explain the complete detail when the children / wife  can obtain employees pension.

1 Answer

0 like 0 dislike
answered by

Complete Procedure of Pension in Pakistan is as follow:

All authorities dealing with pension cases should bear in mind that delay in the payment of pensions involves pecuniary hardship. The monthly income of a wage earner ceases at a time when he may be needing money the most. So it is essential to ensure that a retiring Government servant begins to receive his pension on the date on which it becomes due. With this end in view, the procedure for preparation of pension papers and sanction of pensions have been simplified. The most important factors relevant to the determination of the amount of pension/ gratuity are the length of qualifying service rendered by a Government servant before retirement/death and average emoluments. Information in both these respects is computed on the basis of the information available in the History of Services/Service Book/records of the Government servant concerned. The
simplified procedures themselves cannot bring about the desired results unless the authorities concerned take effective steps to ensure that service records are kept up-to-date and complete. In order to achieve this object, the following measures have to be adopted.

1. History File

All Divisions/Departments/Offices should maintain a History File of each B-16 & above. This file should contain (a) Gazette Notification (b) Charge Report (c) a separate Card or Booklet showing the date of Assumption and Relinquishment of Charge of each post and emoluments are drawn, and (d) Leave Account showing the various kinds of leave taken by the officer from time to time.  

History Files in respect of the officers belonging to the occupational groups controlled by the Establishment Division,e.g., DMG, OMG, Police etc. shall be maintained by the Division/Department in which the officer is appointed from time to time and not by the Establishment Division. When such an officer is transferred to another office his History File should also be sent to his new Department who will then be responsible to maintain it for so long as he remains there.  

2. Service Books

Service Books in the prescribed form should be maintained in duplicate, in respect of all the B-1 to B-15 Government Servants. One copy of the Service Book should be kept in the custody of the head of the office in which the Government servant is employed. 

The second copy of the Service-Book should be kept in the custody of the Government servant concerned who should ensure that all entries in his service book are recorded and attested in time. The Government servant should in his own interest, examine his, Service Book occasionally in order to see that it is not only properly maintained but the entries made therein are complete in all respects. The head of the office should permit a Government servant to examine his Service Book should he at any time desire o do so.  

3. Verification of service.

At a fixed time early in the year, the Service Books should be taken up for verification by the Head of the office, who after satisfying himself that the services of the Government servant concerned are correctly recorded in each service book.

4. Verification of service by Audit Officer.

The services of a Government servant should be got verified by the Audit office as soon as he has completed ten years service, thereafter the next verification should be on completion of 24 years service, i.e., in respect of the intervening 29 years, and then finally it should be verified in respect of the period after 29 years when a Government servant is actually due to retire. The length of the pensionable service accepted in audit at these stages should be recorded in both the copies of Service Book of B-1 to B-15 Government servants, with the stamp of verification duly authenticated. In the case of B-16 and above, the fact of verification should appear
in the History of service but if the History of service is not up-to-date, the officer concerned should be informed of the accepted length of pensionable service through a letter.

The verification of qualifying service of all government servants should be completed by the administrative and audit authorities concerned. 

The salary accounts of the government servants, if not computerized so far, should be computerized immediately.  

5. Allocation of pension between different Departments.

The Audit officer should take steps to obtain acceptance of allocation of pension from the Accounts Officers of the Provincial Governments and the Commercial Departments like Railways, Posts, Telegraph and Telephone Departments, etc., in respect of service rendered under them and from the Military Accounts Officer in respect of service paid from Defence Estimates.  

Finalization of pension cases shall not be held up on this account. If there is any dispute with regard to the apportionment of pensionary liability, the matter should be sorted out by the Audit and Accounts Officers involved.  

6. List of officers and staff due to retire.

With a view to ensuring timely action in pension cases, the Divisions/Departments/Offices should maintain a list showing the dates of a retirement of all their officers and staff who are due to retire in a calendar year and review it quarterly.  

7. Employment of officers and staff on pension work.

Depending on the volume of work, one Section Officer or Assistant should be employed exclusively on pension work. He should be required to make himself conversant with pension procedures and the method of preparation of pension papers.  

8. Observance of rules relating to grant of secured advances. 

It should be ensured that all secured advances made to Government servants are properly and adequately secured with mortgage deeds, agreements, etc, as prescribed under the rules.  

9. Grant of un-secured advances.

No unsecured advances should ordinarily be granted to any Government servant within six months of the date of his retirement. If any such advance or other dues are already outstanding, these should be recovered from his pay or leave salary for six months’ period up to the date of his retirement. If for special reasons, it becomes necessary to grant an advance of pay, traveling allowanceetc., to any Government servant within six months of his retirement, he should be required to furnish security of a permanent Government servant, who is not due to retire within one year before the advance is paid to him.  

10. Pension Issuance 

After completing and checking for verification of an employee the department will then issue the pension fund. 

Welcome to LegalVersity.com Q & A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.